The highly anticipated third edition of the “Disinformation & Democracy – The Battle for Hearts and Minds” conference will take place on September 28, 2023.
The last year created a platform and provided a necessary impetus for deepening the connection between the behavioural and social sciences expertise and knowledge of information and modern technologies in the society-wide fight against disinformation.
This time, the conference offers four stimulating discussion panels that will address some of the crucial aspects that the issue of misinformation brings:
- Strategic Communication in a Struggling Ukraine
- Disinformation as an Interdisciplinary Challenge,
- European Democracy and Technology,
- and the Roots of Social Cohesion, Trust, and Resilience.
Experts from various fields including academia, NGOs, private companies and the public sector, accepted the invitation for the conference. Journalist and moderator Veronika Cifrová Ostrihoňová will guide you through the day-long programme.
Our impressive lineup of speakers includes:
- Stanislava Harkotová, Journalist and War Reporter, Aktuality.sk;
- Jakub Šimko, Lead and Expert Researcher, Kempelen Institute for Intelligent Technologies;
- Justin E. Lane, Co-founder, CulturePulse;
- Vineta Kleine, Director, Information and Documentation Centre Kyiv, NATO;
- Shayan Sardarizadeh, Journalist, BBC Monitoring and BBC World Service.
Special guest appearances and side programs are on the schedule, too.
How can you participate on the day of the conference? Join the live stream on our Facebook page or YouTube channel. Don't forget to ask your questions via Slido.com - use #disinfo Conference language: English with no translation.
The Battle for Hearts and Minds can only go on with the help of our esteemed partners: DT Institute, the Representation of the European Commission in Slovakia, Gerulata Technologies, the Konrad Adenauer Foundation in Slovakia, the Ministry of Foreign and European Affairs of the Slovak Republic and the Open Information Partnership.
We believe that the Disinformation & Democracy conference is crucial in the ongoing fight against fake news, hoaxes, misinformation, hate speech and the division of society not only on the Internet. Fresh perspectives, innovative solutions, and collaborative platforms can bolster society’s resilience against pervasive information threats.