Do you actively follow events on the international scene? Security and defense policy is your passion and writing analytical text is no problem for you? Do you want to develop your professional career in cooperation with quality mentors and experts?
Sign up for an internship at the Adapt Institute think tank and start your career as an analyst in the field of defense and security! We offer you space for professional growth, publishing articles under the guidance of an experienced editor-in-chief, and experience in the non-profit sector, which will open the door to NOT ONLY Slovak security community for you.
- student or graduate of a university degree with a focus on international relations, security and defense, political science or other related social sciences
- an active interest and orientation in current issues of international and security policy
- analytical skills
- reliability and flexibility
- knowledge of the English language at least at the B2 level, both spoken and written
- knowledge of another foreign language is an advantage, as well as previous experience working in the non-governmental/research sector
- the minimum duration of the internship is one semester, preference will be given to those interested in a long-term internship
- the possibility to publish as a part of the Slovak think-tank with mentoring of an experienced editor-in-chief
- experience working in the non-profit sector, room for professional growth
- the possibility to participate in other Adapt Institute projects depending on possibilities and expressed interest (networking, conferences, workshops, Security Academy, online and media presentation…)
- flexible working hours, home-office and optional work from our office
- confirmation of completing the internship
How to apply?
Send us your structured CV and a sample of your analytical text or policy paper in English to email@example.com by February 12, 2023. In the application, please, indicate what topics you are primarily interested in. The start date is negotiable, but we will be happy to welcome you on the board ideally in February 2023.
In case of your interest, we also accept interns from EU countries via Erasmus+ programme.
The same announcement you can find on our website in the folder Adapt Institute/About us/Career.